Sunday, January 4, 2015

Jaelyn's 5th Birthday Party

I have been busy since the Holidays preparing for my daughter; Jaelyn's 5th birthday party.  She turned five yesterday and I just can't believe it. Where has the time gone?  Just like any other five year old girl out there, she is obsessed with princesses.  Naturally, the theme of the party was "Frozen", every child's favorite movie as of lately.  I can't tell you all the Frozen gifts she got between Christmas and her birthday.

Planning her party went pretty well overall.  It was much more affordable than doing something outside the house.  I tried to plan the snacks as sugarless as possible.  Of course, it is a child's birthday party so we had to have cake.  My daughter was thrilled.  She is allowed to have cake once a year, on her birthday so she was excited to take advantage of that.  Too much sweet/artificial stuff ruins her gut and lowers her immune system.  I drew Olaf faces on the string cheese, provided carrots for Olaf's nose and had popcorn as the "snow".  We then made quesadillas for the main meal which was a hit.

We planned many games at the party including; pin the nose on Olaf, don't step on the hot spot, freeze dance and more.  The kids also made their own Frozen themed snow globes.

Here is a picture of the kids enjoying the party.


A couple of the kids slept overnight.  They went to bed well and didn't wake up before sunrise, so that was a plus.  We only offer all natural and organic cereal in our house so I asked the kids which of the 4 boxes they would like.  Of course, my daughter chose her usual.  The other kids asked to try a sample of each.  They didn't like any of them and asked if we had "Lucky Charms", "Fruity Pebbles" or "Apple Jacks".  My gut hurts just thinking about those cereals I used to eat as a kid.  My daughter had no idea what they were!  I told them no and asked if they wanted eggs instead.  They agreed on eggs, until they saw that my eggs were brown.  "Gross!!!" They exclaimed.  I made them try a bite and that was all they ate.  It goes to show that once you start a kid on a bad diet, it is incredibly hard to get them to change!  Anyways, overall the party was really nice!  I can't believe my baby is already five years old though!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! happy birthday to your daughter. Myself and my brother both suffer from neuro-immune diseases and we have come to realise that a proper diet is essential!. Sugar is so addictive and a killer for sure. Caro :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5th birthday to your daughter. The party sounds like it was very well planned and enjoyed by all. I'm glad that you are bringing up your daughter with very healthy eating habits. Keep it up. I'm sure the more her friends come over, the more they will start eating what you have around the house.

    ReplyDelete