Monday, January 5, 2015

Here's My Story...

I started developing reactions to chemicals back in high school.  However, at that time I didn't know what caused it.  I used chemicals while I was at work, and cleaned around the house and I would always get a rash and itchy skin.  I didn't put two and two together until rather recently.  When I started getting rid of the chemicals in my house and going a more natural route, my skin problems dramatically were reduced.  I was very pleased, but there still was a lot of work to do.  I am looking forward to explaining what products I use and giving you the recipes for them.  Some of the products I do buy from the natural health store, but I am not made of money so I try to make as much as I possibly can. 

Which products do you purchase that are chemical free?  I am interested to know if anyone else uses the same products as I do.

Why did you make the switch to go from chemical filled to more natural?  The reason should be obvious, but  I think it really varies for everyone.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! We use very few chemicals in our home... basically they are used for emergency purposes only. For me, it was just knowledge. The more I learned and read on the topic, the more obvious the problems became. I have food allergies and asthma, and I wouldn't be surprised if those were at least partially due to all of the chemicals I was exposed to as a child. I look forward to reading your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing about some of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use baking soda, Borax, white vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide for cleaning lots of different things. I started using more natural products because of all of the good things that I had read about natural cleaning. I'm glad I did discover natural cleaning because I'm able to save money while helping to protect the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I use a lot of vinegar. I am looking forward to learning more about how to switch over to chemical free dish soap and well as other cleaning supplies. Thank you for sharing this blog.

    ReplyDelete