Sunday, January 25, 2015

Bathroom Cleaner - Simply Safe

Clorox, Lysol and Scrubbing Bubbles...These were the chemicals I used to use to clean my bathroom. Did they do a great job? Yes! Did they kill all the germs? Most likely, yes! Were they free of chemicals and safe for your body? Absolutely NOT!

Every time I used these bathroom cleaners my eyes would burn, my throat felt as if I couldn't breathe and I had a sore throat for days.  Most people clean their bathrooms every week or every other week, which made for many sore throats!  I also developed a painfully itchy rash on my wrists and hands from being exposed to these chemicals.  I was to the point where my husband was forced to clean the bathroom, and after he did, I would have to use the spare bathroom for two days because of the lingering smell that would still irritate my skin and my eyes.  My body definitely disapproved of these products.  What was causing these reactions?

There are chemicals found in these popular products that are banned in Europe if they contain more than 3% of the chemical.  These products contain more than 10% of the chemical and are known to cause inflammation of the lungs.  Now, the whole sore throat thing is really making sense!

Butoxydiglycol, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, Cocamidopropylamine oxide, dimethylethylbenzyl ammonium chloride.  Try saying these ingredients out loud.  Can you pronounce any of these chemicals?  My rule is, if you can't properly pronounce every ingredient in the list, you should not be using it.

What is a safer and healthier alternative?   Simply Safe.

Do the benefits outweigh the risks? YES!!!

I have been using "Simply Safe" bathroom cleaner.  Purified water, non-ionic surfactants, preservative, fragrance oils and other organic ingredients are the ingredients.  Those ingredients sound much better and the scent is so light I can barely smell it when it is used but it does a fantastic job!


I would definitely recommend this brand!

1 comment:

  1. I was just talking to my husband about this last night. We are definitely trying this brand for our bathroom cleaner. Thank you for sharing this safer way of cleaning a bathroom.

    ReplyDelete