Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Chemical Free Dish Soap

Many people don't realize that there are so many harmful chemicals in dish soap.  Growing up my mom used Dawn, Ajax, Palmolive dish soap and others that were filled with chemical after chemical.  Most of these popular dish soaps that you use on your dishes can be very dangerous for you.  A lot of people look past it because it is not applied directly to your skin and it is assumed that the soap simply rinses off the dishes. False.  The soap actually sticks onto your dishes and next time you use them, you are ingesting the ingredients. Gross.  So, what are some of these dangerous ingredients you ask?


  • Formaldehyde releasers are found in many of these dish soaps.  They can cause skin and eye irritations as well as harmful toxic problems in your organs.
  • Trisoclan is another popular chemical you may have heard of.  This one can cause heart problems such as heart failure and serious heart disease.  Birth defects and tumors with cancer have also been known to be linked with this chemical.
  • Sodium Lauryl Sulfate has been linked to mutations and cancer as well as developmental and reproductive problems.
A much better choice for a dish soap would be one with a small amount of ingredients.  In my book, the less ingredients, the better.

One of my favorite dish soaps to use is "Ultra Dishmate".  There are many different flavors to use, but I like the natural almond scent as well as the pear.  The ingredients listed are: water, coconut oil derived surfactant, salt and natural pear oil.  There aren't any perfumes or dyes and there aren't any SLS' which is definitely a plus.





You can even find this natural formula at a place like Walgreens, although I prefer to buy it from my health food store.  Surprisingly, it is only a couple bucks, which is definitely a great deal considering the benefits. Which dish soap do you use?

3 comments:

  1. This is very scary to hear. Thank you for sharing this. I have been using Ajax. I will have to look for this the next time I am able to get out. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this post! I have been looking for a less chemical laden dish soap and have not had any luck finding one. I have not seen this brand at our walgreens or walmart, I will keep my eyes open! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete