Monday, February 16, 2015

Why is There Bleach in Our Dishwasher Soap?

Before I started making my own dishwasher soap I tried to get soap that would properly clean my dishes, but one that had less chemical ingredients in it as well.  I found this one and since I was in a hurry I just grabbed it.  It is Palmolive brand and since it is phosphate free and eco friendly I thought it would be safe.  At the time, I didn't even think about looking at the ingredient list.




Recently I spilled something on my stove and nothing was cutting through the grease so I tried this soap right on the stove.  I grabbed  towel and scrubbed it.  After washing it, I realized that my towel was stained!  THIS DISHWASHER SOAP BLEACHED MY TOWEL! WHY is there bleach in our dishwasher soap????



I checked the ingredient list on the back and there was none.  I tried researching the ingredients online and couldn't find the full ingredient list but I did find that there was ammonia in there. This is a problem.

3 comments:

  1. yeah, it's pretty scary how none of our personal care products or cleaning products have to disclose what is actually in them!
    Have you looked at the environmental working group's web site? They have one for personal care, sunscreen, cleaning products and more. Here is the cleaning product list: http://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners

    ReplyDelete