Sunday, February 8, 2015

Honey and Lavender as a Facial Cleanser

Cetaphil, Deep Clean Neutrogena, Clean and Clear foaming, Clean and Clear deep action, Clean and Clear Advantage are just a FEW of the many facial cleansers that I have used in my early teen years.  My acne never improved.  In fact, over the years it actually got worse.  Why?  Because all of these "facial cleansers" have nothing but garbage in them.  Chemical and chemical after chemical.  It's no wonder I had all the skin problems I did.  I tried all of the kits with the cleanser, black head scrubber, toner, and moisturizer and that made problems worse.

In my teen years, I figured out that I was allergic to perfumes and artificial fragrances.  I eliminated all of that out and tried a few natural facial cleansers at my local health food store.  Nothing was as effective as my honey/lavender mixture.

I have found all natural RAW honey mixed with a good quality of essential oil to be an amazing facial cleanser.  Make sure it is local.

For a toner I use Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar.  It is raw and unfiltered and definitely better than the cheaper apple cider vinegar you would find on the shelf.

I did actually hear that you need a moisturizer to train your skin to produce the right kind of oils.  It also protects your face.  I have always hated the way moisturizer felt on my face, but the natural moisturizer is definitely the way to go!  For a moisturizer I use a little bit of coconut oil.  You really don't need a lot, because a little goes a long ways!

So there you have it- a great facial treatment for any skin type is honey/lavender as a cleanser, apple cider vinegar as a toner and a coconut oil as a moisturizer.

I have noticed great improvement in my skin's appearance in just a short amount of time with this method.  I still do have skin problems including acne, but it is much more controlled now that it ever has been.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like something I should try. Thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete