Thursday, July 16, 2015

Sanitize and Bleach Your Cloth Diapers Naturally With The Sun

Cloth diapering has really made a comeback within these last few years.  We cloth diaper for several reasons; it's cheaper, it's better for their skin and it's better for the environment.  The Honest Company does have nice chemical free diapers, but those too can be pricey for disposable.  With my first daughter I did a lot of the pocket diapers.  This time I'm using more prefolds with the covers.  My favorite brand so far are the rump-a-roos.  They tend not to leak and the elastic by the legs keeps the prefolds tucked in tightly.

Anyways, the sun has a natural way to bleach and sanitize your prefolds.  If you have any cloth diapers with stains, the sun will definitely get them out.

These are my cloth prefolds, right after washing.  As you can see, the poo stains are still there.  With the lighting, it is kind of hard to see, put if you look close enough they are definitely there.


Lay them in the sun for a few hours and they magically disappear!

I know a lot of mamas only sanitize and bleach their diapers once a week, but I do it every washing just so I'm left with white prefolds for the next changing.

.

2 comments:

  1. Good tip! We are beyond the diapering stage, but this was a helpful read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and useful information here. Thank you for sharing this information for all the young moms.

    ReplyDelete